The second conference on Mountains in the Changing World (#MoChWo 2017) will focus on a broad range of following topics related to mountain ecosystem and sustainable livelihood. The major theme of MoChWo 2017 is air pollution: mechanisms and consequences.
We invite you to submit abstracts (both oral and poster presentation) for following conference tracks.
- Disasters, resilience, and adaptation
- Biodiversity conservation
- Climate change
- Environmental pollution
- Forest management
- Soil, water and atmospheric research
- Agriculture and agro-ecology
- Sustainable livelihood
- Policy for mountain resources and livelihood
Abstract submission starts from April. Deadline for submitting abstract is 22 August.
Abstract can be submitted for both oral and poster presentations.
Click here to submit your abstract.
Receipt of submissions will be acknowledged via email within 48 hours. All abstracts will be subjected for peer review. Revision of the abstract may be requested for clarity, style and language. Accepted abstracts will be notified to authors and published on conference website.
Abstract must be prepared and submitted in English.
1. Presenting author responsibilities
If you are submitting an abstract, we assume you are the presenting author and therefore you are responsible for the followings:
- Submitting your own work.
- Assuring all co-authors have reviewed and approved the abstract’s content.
- Providing complete and accurate contact and affiliation information for all co-authors.
- Registering for the conference.
- Presenting the abstract at the conference, if accepted.
2. Be ready with followings before submission
a) Title: Title of abstract should be concise, clearly convey the content of abstract. It may contain up to 85 characters, including spaces.
b) Author(s): Name of all authors who have really contributed the work. Indicate the presenting author.
c) Author affiliation: Primary affiliation for each coauthor including address.
c) Abstract body: The abstract should be less than 250 words and should provide a clear description of research objectives, the main results and conclusion.
d) Graphical abstract (optional): We encourage you to submit a graphical abstract.
e) Category: Choose from the key submission tracks listed above. Reviewers will be assigned based on the category you choose.
f) Keywords: At least three keywords are required; up to 5 are allowed. Keywords represent the content of your paper.
3. Reasons for abstract rejection
- Subject matter is not appropriate for MoChWo
- Information is not new enough
- Abstract is duplicative of other submissions
- Format does not follow guidelines
- Submission is poorly written
Paper publication opportunities in following open-access and peer-reviewed journals
Authors will have an opportunity to publish their full research papers in following journals. The submitted papers to these journals will go through regular peer-review process. These journals will publish special issue on #MoChWo 2017 conference.
Conservation Science is a peer-reviewed open access journal devoted primarily to the dissemination of up-to-date knowledge about global, regional and national conservation issues and the ways to tackle them. For details including manuscript submission, visit journal webpage at www.conservscience.org.
No charge for publication.
2. Atmosphere: Open-access, published by MDPI, Switzerland, Impact factor = 1.2
This journal is an international and cross-disciplinary scholarly journal of scientific studies related to the atmosphere. It publishes reviews, regular research papers, communications and short notes, and there is no restriction on the length of the papers.
Five papers from MoChWo 2017 will get 100% discount and all other papers get 20% discount on article processing charge.
3. Sustainability: Open-access, published by MDPI, Switzerland, Impact factor = 1.3
Sustainability is an international and cross-disciplinary scholarly, open access journal of environmental, cultural, economic and social sustainability of human beings, which provides an advanced forum
for studies related to sustainability and sustainable development. It publishes reviews, regular research papers, communications and short notes, and there is no restriction on the length of the papers.
4. Environments: Open-access, published by MDPI, Switzerland
Environments is an international and cross-disciplinary scholarly open access journal on the advances, challenges in environments, technology and policy. Its aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible.
Papers submitted in this journal in 2017 will get free of charge published.